Monday, January 9, 2012

BatchBen #2: Crazy Crying Cocktail Party

So, does the serving of cocktails automatically make an event a "party"? Aren't parties supposed to be things people want to go to, where they have "fun" with "friends" and share a "good time"? Machiavelli himself could not have designed a more effective torture chamber. And then you add that the victims go into it VOLUNTARILY, and even COMPETE with each other for the opportunity? Evil genius!

I thought Jenna would get a producer push-through tonight, but not even they could paper over her performance. Better luck on the Bachelor Pad, sweetie! I'm sure that'll work out great. The other no-go, Red-Dress Girl whose name I can't remember, will probably have to find her own true love without TV help. Just like the rest of us.

How'd you do on your fantasy league picks? How are your favorites faring? How much would you pay somebody to just blow the lid of the whole mess to Ben?

5 comments:

  1. I was almost crying from laughter during this section. Ben:"Blakely....what are you doing?" Blakely: "Oh, just drinking martini's here in the corner while curled up in the fetal position in my fortress made of luggage....because that is normal 'party' behavior. Aren't you glad you already gave me a rose?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I was loving watching Ben shuttle between the criers. Jenna was in full runny-nose ugly-cry mode, but I think Blakely was doing it for attention. Picking up the bad vibes from the other women and realizing they thought she had no feelings. So she went looking for some in the luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just hoping that little scene will scare Ben off and in the direction of the much cooler women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can hope. Blakely's a pro, though. Far be it from me to question her means. Amateur manipulators like us can only stand back and hope to pick up a few grains of wisdom now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what's scary though? I've seen these strategies used many times, in supposed "real life." Terrifying. But melodrama can be quite entertaining... at a distance.

    ReplyDelete