Monday, July 11, 2011

Episode 7 #2: Constantine & Ben's dates

Question: Are Constantine and Ben the same guy? Brothers? It looked like Constantine was reading his own date card there in the room. Are they both at greater risk because she can't afford to keep around two of the same thing? Forgive me. It's been two weeks and I'm rusty on names and faces and personalities, such as they are. So we'll cover them together, Constantine first:

Line of the date, from Ashley: "Constantine is really taking this lantern thing seriously. It's making me think there could really be a future here." So THAT's what it takes? No wonder American marriages struggle. No Taiwanese lanterns.

Constantine definitely has bedroom eyes. Or puppy eyes. If you sleep with your dog, I guess it's the same thing.

So now to Ben:
Tonight's editing prize: "We're going places. We're going places." (Ben's voice over video of him and Ashley buzzing along on a scooter at, maybe, 20mph)

Oh, Ben is definitely getting a hometown date. Ashley wants that Sonoma wine country tour. And my guess is that JP is exactly right to be pretty jangled by Ben's all-nighter with Ashley.

1 comment:

  1. I also have a really really hard time telling them apart, but i think I've got it. Ben has cheek bones, and Constantine always looks sleepy. There. Does that help? Sigh. I'm sure I'll forget my trick as soon as the next episode starts.

    As obnoxious as Ashley is with her analogies for how these dates are the same as their relationships, I have to admit, those lanterns were awesome. I had no idea that Tangled was inspired by an actual thing.

    Ben F - oh right! The wine. I remember because EVERY TIME Ashley takes a sip of wine around him (which is often) she follows it up with, "Remember that wine you brought me?" She absolutely wants that hometown. I think I picked him for my top 3, so... Go Ben!

    ReplyDelete