Monday, July 18, 2011

Episode 8 #3: Town-and-Country Ames

So how picturesque is Chadd's Ford, PA? Yikes--and the estate. Yeah, Ames is a prep-school boy. I mean, with a name like Ames, was there any doubt?

Ha! Ames' mom thought he looked "healthy," of all things. Clearly not gifted at noticing the post-concussive fogginess in those wide-set eyes. Though the sister, at least, is quite good at reading where Ashley's head is, which is...elsewhere.

Oh, Ames, citing the Italian renaissance. Such a soft touch for romance. Although that "most romantic kiss ever" sure looked like a convenient reach-across from here. Maybe his bar is set a mite low. Still--run away. Or after you get dumped, find a beautiful, literary way to carry your broken heart into the arms of a much, much, better woman.

6 comments:

  1. Ames will be the first Gay Bachelor. You heard it here first. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear a word he said through the new spray on tan and glow in the teeth. If that is what "healthy" looks like, I hope Danny stays ill.

    On a different note, I really don't think Ames ever let his arms touch his sides. What is with that? Did they practice that stance in prep school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot! I wish I'd noticed the arm thing before he was gone. I'll have to watch for it in the Men Tell All clips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I liked Ames. He is kind, interesting, smart and a gentleman. That said, I never could figure out the whole offering his bent arm to ashley. Of course the kiss was terrible. Every kiss they have had has been stiff. I think Jyl may be onto something. But I still liked him. (I just would never want to actually have to kiss him!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, their kisses were definitely awkward. Even that one in the elevator in Vegas that was supposed to be romantic looked like he was just attacking her. That said, I have a soft spot in my heart for Ames, ever since he got that soft spot in his skull.

    My favorite part of this date (that said, it was a really boring date), was where Ashley told Ames that they think alike, and something about him being a good match, intellectually, for her. I don't know, I didn't see her SAT scores, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that she couldn't beat Ames in a game of checkers.

    Did everyone see that Ames is going to be on the Bachelor Pad??? He's going to get eaten alive... I hope he finds love. I really do think he's a catch. I'm just afraid he's barking up the wrong trees. Maybe a mixer at the country club would be a better approach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or there's always Love in the Wild. I think we're going to see some smashing matches coming out of that one.

    ReplyDelete