Monday, June 20, 2011

Episode 5 #2: Ben F.'s date

This segment title really is as it has to be. I'm not abbreviating something that should be bleeped.

Yes, I want to go to that place. Dad says it's cheap. This makes for great travel TV. Do you love how they're working themselves up over the naughtiness of wanting to kiss at the temple? You want to, right? But we can't. But you want to. But we can't. You know we can't. It's terrible we can't. Yeah, terrible. Make you think of Claire and Phil Dunphy playing adulterers?

Ah, time to work that vision of being a winemaker's wife in Sonoma. "What do you do? Can I help you?" Of course she wants the peasant dress and the bare feet and the golden light lying long down the rows of grapes. Looks like Ben F. is in for the long haul.

Good thing she got that rose out when she did, because it would've been awkward if those fire dancers came out in the middle of-- what? Contrived by producers? No!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I put him in my top 3. I only guessed last week, so I should remember, but I redid it once, so it's hard to say. I hope I did, because - I agree - he's going to be around for a while. They are kind of [obnoxiously] cute together. Did you notice she didn't mention Bentley at all on this date? This was pre-self-loathing, or pre-masocistic.

    Has anyone else noticed that Ashley wears short skirts?

    And - although I found it disrespectful that they made out while the fire dancers put on such a beautiful show - that garden where they had dinner really was amazing.

    ReplyDelete