Monday, June 27, 2011

Episode 6 #6: The self-immolating cocktail party

Hey guys! I'm going to set fire to myself with the little shreds of your dignity and the lives you left behind to be here! And it's going to feel GREAT!

Funny how thinking of what you want and how awesome it'll make you feel can TOTALLY suck you into a place where other peoples' feelings have NO place in your brain. Oops, Ash. One of those times it would've been a good idea to practice stuff in your mind before saying it. A little forethought might've kept her from telling everybody that the guy she REALLY wanted while she was stringing everybody else along didn't want her and so NOW she's SUPER excited to have them here.

Good brave walking-out Mickey. The only problem is that the boat that took him away left too soon--I think there are about three other guys who wanted to get on it.

Chris Harrison might not be getting paid enough.

Oo! Faux pas! He actually told her to "speak from your heart." Oh, dear no. Isn't that what just got us in this fix?

Oh, Blake! Glad you got out while you could. You--with or without the veneers--can do SO much better. Note how all the guys are hugging him and sorry to see him go. That's a quality individual. "I'm just looking for a friend." Oh, honey. You will. Real soon.

But how 'bout those previews!?!? How many bring-backs is she gonna get? And the closing line? "My heart is broken!" Yeah, baby. That'll bring up the ratings. Goodness knows I'll keep tuning in!

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of JP, it's funny that the guys were so concerned about her having feelings for someone else, when really that's the entire premise of the show. Maybe they missed that. And, as stated above, she's got feelings for him. They've been on TWO dates now. They're in love. I wonder how the other guys feel about that.

    Anyway, this cocktail party was further evidence that Ashley's an idiot and should take some lessons in public speaking. I don't think this needed to be nearly as big of a deal as it ended up being, but she did SUCH a bad job at how she presented it, right??? Saying things like, "I totally fell for him." "I haven't been able to stop thinking about him." "I couldn't move on until I closed out this [completely unreasonable and moronic] chapter." Yeah, I could see how they could feel frustrated.

    Chris' advice to slow down and actually THINK before generating a direct brain to mouth/stream of conscious delivery was valid. I imagine him watching all this just off camera, shaking his head. At what point to think Chris gives up on believing that this "process" could actually work for someone?

    Mickey is hot. I was sad to see him go. I realize they usually choose the next Bachelor from the top 2 or 3, but I'd be thrilled to watch a season with him. They didn't announce him on the Bachelor Pad, so that's a good sign, right?

    I said I wasn't going to watch this season because Ashley was too annoying, but the way that she self-destructs is just too much entertainment to not watch. "Who's with me? - Cheers to the Bachlorette!"

    And finally *** this JUICY piece of gossip *** You will need to take this for what it's worth, but the brother of of the girls I watch with spotted Bentley AND EMILY together in Alpine!!!!!!!!!!!! I've searched Google and the gossip papers don't seem to have picked up on it yet, so it's either not true or it's CUTTING EDGE! This is hot. Could you IMAGINE if they ended up together?? As much as I hate to say it, one of their little girls is cuter than the other. But said little girl also has a monster for a father, so I guess it balances out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting edge with a hot knife! You're burning the leading edge of the blogosphere! But...really? I have a hard time seeing anyone who's not completely pathological being with him. Even if his kid is cuter than yours. Maybe the dude saw them together before the series aired, because if Bentley got her attention by playing it smooth, his cover is definitely blown now. But still unanswered and still baffling, exactly how incestuous IS the Bachelor/Bachelorette gene pool?

    ReplyDelete